Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
11993117954_56c5fd0a53_o.jpg

With a new Pokemon game out later this year, many fans are expecting some major changes in the longrunning Pokemon anime show. For the last decade or so, when the games introduce a new region to explore (like Pokemon Sun and Moon's Alola region), Ash will begin his new journey with only Pikachu at his side. His old Pokemon are left at Professor Oak's gym and his companions typically leave Ash to pursue their own dreams. However, fans have begun a petition to break this thirteen year old trend to "save" Serena, a fan favorite character.

In Pokemon XY: The Series, Ash's main female companion is Serena, a Pokemon performer (she performs in the Pokemon Showcases seen in Pokemon: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire) and Ash's childhood acquaintance. After seeing Ash on the news, she remembered her friend from a Pokemon summer camp long ago and met up with him early on the journey. Serena has become a fan favorite due to her kind nature and also her very obvious crush on Ash, which is the closest that the Pokemon series has ever come to showing a romance between two characters. Ash, of course, is oblivious to Serena's affections but it has still spawned a fandom known as "Amourshipping", a reference to the Kalos region's French origins.

While it's expected that Serena will depart the show at the end of Pokemon XY: The Series, Junior Lopez, a Pokemon fan from New York, started a petition on Change.org a month ago asking the Pokemon Company to keep Serena on the show. "Many Pokemon fans are wanting Serena to travel with Ash to the next region," the petition reads. "Serena has become Pokemon's most popular female lead and with the release of the Sun and Moon trailer everyone is worried that she won't be in the next series." So far, over 5,800 people have signed the petition, although its goal is 7,500 signatures.

Ash hasn't had a companion follow him to another region since Brock rejoined him during his travels through Sinnoh during Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl, which ran until 2011 in the United States. Ash's first two female companions, Misty and May, joined Ash for journeys through two regions a piece, although both left when the show began a new "series" that coincided with a new Generation of games.

Source: ComicBook.com

I knew Serena was very popular among the Pokémon anime fans, but this is really bizarre. :yeahyeah:

But, these guys gave me an idea... I will start a petition for this girl came back as the champion.

img_6.jpeg

'Kay, I won't do it, but really Pokémon Company, if you don't do it I'll blame you for the rest of your lifes! :knife2:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
I knew Serena was very popular among the Pokémon anime fans, but this is really bizarre. :yeahyeah:

But, these guys gave me an idea... I will start a petition for this girl came back as the champion.

View attachment 706

'Kay, I won't do it, but really Pokémon Company, if you don't do it I'll blame you for the rest of your lifes! :knife2:
:coffee2: Good luck to them.... I'm still waiting for May to return... other fans are waiting for Misty... others for Iris.... and we will wait forever because they only return for some episodes and nothing more.
So... (even if I like the character of serena) I think that we will see the new female character in the anime... :uhm: and if they change this... please, change the main male protagonist too! :uhm:

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
:coffee2: Good luck to them.... I'm still waiting for May to return... other fans are waiting for Misty... others for Iris.... and we will wait forever because they only return for some episodes and nothing more.
So... (even if I like the character of serena) I think that we will see the new female character in the anime... :uhm: and if they change this... please, change the main male protagonist too! :uhm:

Yeah, I know, after Johto, never more a female companion will keep traveling with Ash for more than one region, except for one or two episodes... And that, as a Iris' fan, why I'm afraid, 'cause, XYZ is going to end, and until now we haven't any clue that Iris is going to make her appearance here (that special japanese episode, where she lost against Clair doesn't count). I know that maybe Pokémon Company would think "oh, everybody hates her, we shouldn't bring her back", but they did this to Misty, May Dawn, and although these three ladies are faraway more popular then Iris, they also have their haters, and this don't prevented their returns.

I really would like to see how the gang would react to Iris (even more if she return as the Unova champion), I could imagine something like:
- Bonnie gets happy for finding a new keeper for Clemont.
- Clemont gets shy because of Bonnie.
- Ash gets something like "Oh Iris, you look so different"... Or anything whatever, like Ash usually does.
- And Serena gets a bit jealous "So, who is that girl? Is she just Ash's friend or something else?".

But, to keep the thread in the topic, I think it is hard to believe that this guys will get some result with this petition, but I hope they be successful, because I think Pokémon Company is overdue in listen to the fans about the Pokémon anime.

And, about changing the main protagonist, I agree... But it doesn't mean I hate Ash, on the contrary, he is part of my childhood, a great memory. I just want that he reaches his dream, that he becomes a Pokémon Master.

Some months ago, I heard a rumor about XYZ be the very last Ash's adventure, that at the end of the Kalos League, Ash would be the champion, than he would stop traveling, would marry Serena, have kids and live happy forever. Than, for the new generation (in case, Sun & Moon), Ash's son/daughter would start his/her own journey using Ash's Pikachu.

If this theory would be true, I think it is great, because, it would give a "new breath" to the Pokémon anime, without "kill Ash"... I just dislike the part about Pikachu, if we would get a new protagonist, I would not like that he/she uses Pikachu as his/her main Pokémon. Don't get me wrong, I kinda like Pikachu, but I'm just tired from it in the Pokémon anime.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Yeah, I know, after Johto, never more a female companion will keep traveling with Ash for more than one region, except for one or two episodes... And that, as a Iris' fan, why I'm afraid, 'cause, XYZ is going to end, and until now we haven't any clue that Iris is going to make her appearance here (that special japanese episode, where she lost against Clair doesn't count). I know that maybe Pokémon Company would think "oh, everybody hates her, we shouldn't bring her back", but they did this to Misty, May Dawn, and although these three ladies are faraway more popular then Iris, they also have their haters, and this don't prevented their returns.

I really would like to see how the gang would react to Iris (even more if she return as the Unova champion), I could imagine something like:
- Bonnie gets happy for finding a new keeper for Clemont.
- Clemont gets shy because of Bonnie.
- Ash gets something like "Oh Iris, you look so different"... Or anything whatever, like Ash usually does.
- And Serena gets a bit jealous "So, who is that girl? Is she just Ash's friend or something else?".
With this I totally agree with you... I don't see why make differences... she was an Ash traveling companion so I was waiting to see her return for some episodes... the league will start soon so maybe when Ash finish it we will have some filler episodes waiting for SM where they can add her... :yesyes:

But, to keep the thread in the topic, I think it is hard to believe that this guys will get some result with this petition, but I hope they be successful, because I think Pokémon Company is overdue in listen to the fans about the Pokémon anime.
it will be nice... if they are successful let's hope that a Pokémon Special petition will have success :noone: :alone:

And, about changing the main protagonist, I agree... But it doesn't mean I hate Ash, on the contrary, he is part of my childhood, a great memory. I just want that he reaches his dream, that he becomes a Pokémon Master.
Same here :yesyes: but I really want to see something new in the series :coffee:

Y
Some months ago, I heard a rumor about XYZ be the very last Ash's adventure, that at the end of the Kalos League, Ash would be the champion, than he would stop traveling, would marry Serena, have kids and live happy forever. Than, for the new generation (in case, Sun & Moon), Ash's son/daughter would start his/her own journey using Ash's Pikachu.

If this theory would be true, I think it is great, because, it would give a "new breath" to the Pokémon anime, without "kill Ash"... I just dislike the part about Pikachu, if we would get a new protagonist, I would not like that he/she uses Pikachu as his/her main Pokémon. Don't get me wrong, I kinda like Pikachu, but I'm just tired from it in the Pokémon anime.
That's interesting but they wanted to give an end to Ash's journey after the first series... and the first movie was thought to be the "final" fot the series (but in the end they changed idea XD)
I found the video of the clip that was mede before the first movie was in development:
It starts at 2:20 until 3:13
Seems that the writers confirmet that in the video we see Misty, Violet (Misty's sister), Misty's daughter and Ash's Pikachu. Ash continued his journet yo fullfil his dreams (and is a champion) and married Misty.
But we already know what happened before that asd so I really don't think that Ash will win this league, marry Serena and have a daughter :giveup: :surrender:[/QUOTE]

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Talking about this petition, someone wanted Ash and Serena and added them in a CoroCoro scan XD
tumblr_inline_o8r67lZg341sspm76_540.jpg

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
Just updating: They've reached their original goal, they were looking for 7500 signatures, and currently they've 9218!

But, looks like they changed their goal, which now is of 10.000 signatures. So, if you want Serena in the new season of the Pokémon anime, and haven't signed this petition yet, do it right now.

If I have signed? No, I don't, 'cause I'm not a Serena fan... But I totally support her fans to do it. :yesyes:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Just updating: They've reached their original goal, they were looking for 7500 signatures, and currently they've 9218!

But, looks like they changed their goal, which now is of 10.000 signatures. So, if you want Serena in the new season of the Pokémon anime, and haven't signed this petition yet, do it right now.

If I have signed? No, I don't, 'cause I'm not a Serena fan... But I totally support her fans to do it. :yesyes:
I haven't signed because I prefer to have a new main character. If they will continue with Serena I will be happy anyway :yeahyeah:

Top Bottom