Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
The first trailer for the live action Pokémon Detective Pikachu was released today. The live action will launch in
May 29, 2019.
slide.jpg
The story begins when ace private eye Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, prompting his 21-year-old son Tim to find out what happened. Aiding in the investigation is Harry’s former Pokémon partner, Detective Pikachu: a hilariously wise-cracking, adorable super-sleuth who is a puzzlement even to himself. Finding that they are uniquely equipped to communicate with one another, Tim and Pikachu join forces on a thrilling adventure to unravel the tangled mystery. Chasing clues together through the neon-lit streets of Ryme City—a sprawling, modern metropolis where humans and Pokémon live side by side in a hyper-realistic live-action world—they encounter a diverse cast of Pokémon characters and uncover a shocking plot that could destroy this peaceful co-existence and threaten the whole Pokémon universe.

An Early Look at POKÉMON Detective Pikachu
Get a sneak peek at the first live-action Pokémon movie with the new teaser trailer for POKÉMON Detective Pikachu.
The world of Pokémon is expanding next May with the theatrical release of the first live-action Pokémon movie, POKÉMON Detective Pikachu. A new teaser trailer gives fans an early glimpse of the eagerly anticipated film, showing how humans and Pokémon interact in Ryme City and offering the first opportunity to hear Ryan Reynolds as the voice of Detective Pikachu.
Also starring Justice Smith and Kathryn Newton, POKÉMON Detective Pikachu will deliver a big-screen Pokémon adventure unlike any we've seen before. Check out the teaser trailer, and we'll see you in theaters in summer 2019!

For more information about POKÉMON Detective Pikachu, visit the official website.
Source: official website

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
When I saw the thumbnail, with the screenshot of Pikachu on it, I was worried.

When I saw the trailer however, I thought this is actually pretty good.
First of all Ryan Reynolds does a fantastic job of bringing that Pikachu to life.
If I was bothered at all by the hyper-realistic Pokemon in the video, it was easily drowned out by the comedic atmosphere.
This might actually be the way to go with a live-action Pokemon movie.:coffee:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I don't know... I'm not a big fan of hyper-realistic Pokemon... they are well made (that Charizard is awesome!) but I prefer something like they used for GO, a cartoon style :yeahyeah:

unownzone

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I don't know... I'm not a big fan of hyper-realistic Pokemon... they are well made (that Charizard is awesome!) but I prefer something like they used for GO, a cartoon style :yeahyeah:
Yeah, the graphics they used for the most recent Pokemon Go trailers were pretty good too.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Not excited...miss the cartoon version

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Welcome to the community!! I hope you will have a nice stay!
I agree with you... I wanted something like Pokémon GO models in the movie because I don't like the realistic ones...

unownzone

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I don't like the realistic Pokemon either, but I'm surprised with the variety of Pokemon that's appearing.

Top Bottom