Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
A new update for Pokémon Go on iOS (version 1.9.0) and Android (version 0.39.0) is now available.
803-30a800f93d9f5a798d9f8c6708da424f.jpg

Contents of the Update (iOS):
- Capture location: The location where a Pokémon was caught will now be displayed on their information screen.
- Pokémon GO Plus and Incense: Trainers can attempt to capture Pokémon they encounter from using Incense with the Pokémon GO Plus accessory.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to get stuck on the loading screen, even after restarting the app.
- Fixed a bug where the camera sometimes moved at slow speeds during battle.
- Minor bug fixes

Contents of the Android (iOS):
- Capture location: The location where a Pokémon was caught will now be displayed on their information screen.
- Pokémon GO Plus and Incense: Trainers can attempt to capture Pokémon they encounter from using Incense with the Pokémon GO Plus accessory.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to get stuck on the loading screen, even after restarting the app.
- Minor bug fixes

Source: App Store - Google Play

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I wanted it to be like when the game was released... instead now it only show a text with the place where you caught it... I don't like it really much...
This must to be true. :knife:
And if not? roftl

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
The game is working again! Victini is happy now! roftl

795.gif

I could play for a few minutes and I find two new Pokémon.
The first one was a Cubone, which I caught.

CtH3R6TWAAAagwd.jpg

The second was a Pikachu! But sadly, it flew away. :cry2:

CtIDCuoXYAAmAgf.jpg

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
The game is working again! Victini is happy now! roftl

795.gif

I could play for a few minutes and I find two new Pokémon.
The first one was a Cubone, which I caught.

CtH3R6TWAAAagwd.jpg

The second was a Pikachu! But sadly, it flew away. :cry2:

CtIDCuoXYAAmAgf.jpg
:cry2:Now you can't have him as a buddy and on your shoulder!!

Diehl

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
:cry2:Now you can't have him as a buddy and on your shoulder!!

Nah, I don't care about it, I already have my buddy, Electabuzz, even that it could be a bit hard to take him on my shoulder. xD
Maybe if I use both shoulders and take it on my pillion... It would be funny... and bizarre. roftl

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
A new update for Pokémon Go on Android (version 0.39.1) is now available.
803-30a800f93d9f5a798d9f8c6708da424f.jpg

Contents of the Update (Android):
- Minor bug fixes
- Minor text fixes

Source: Google Play

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
The official website announced that the next update will include a "Capture Bonus" to increase the odds of catching rare Pokémon.
Earn a New Capture Bonus to Increase the Odds of Catching Rare Pokémon
Trainers,

We want to give you a sneak peek of a feature coming soon to Pokémon GO. We are adding a new feature which grants a catch bonus when you earn medals based on catching certain types of Pokémon (Kindler, Psychic, Gardener, etc.). These new bonuses will give you a better chance of capturing Pokémon with a related type. For example, as you reach a higher tier for the Kindler Medal, your bonus to catch Fire-type Pokémon such as Charmander, Vulpix and Ponyta increases.

Trainers can work their way to a new tier by catching many Pokémon of the same type. If a Pokémon has multiple types, your bonus will be the average of your bonuses for each type. For example, Pidgey is both Normal and Flying type. Your bonus in this case would be the average of your Normal-type and Flying-type bonuses.

Look forward to this new feature coming soon!

The Pokémon GO team
elemental_bronze_en_thmb.png
elemental_silver_en_thmb.png
elemental_gold_en_thmb.png

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
Well I guess this is good news. They're slowly developing the game. But I don't think it's an update big enough that will bring people back to playing it like when it was released.

Diehl

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
I think if they are trying to bring the players back, they should think in something bigger, like introduce Pokémon from newer generation (5th gen), the possibility of trade Pokémon, or even better the possibility of battle against other trainers.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
About this update: it will be easier like never before to catch Pidgey and Rattata! :winner: :win:

Well I guess this is good news. They're slowly developing the game. But I don't think it's an update big enough that will bring people back to playing it like when it was released.

I think if they are trying to bring the players back, they should think in something bigger, like introduce Pokémon from newer generation (5th gen), the possibility of trade Pokémon, or even better the possibility of battle against other trainers.
I agree with you guys :yesyes: this update is interesting but it won't make players return :nono2:
A thing that will make the players return (and it isn't adding another generation) is do an event for the Birds and Mewtwo/Mew :coffee:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Another future update:
CuGvTbpXgAAcMT0.jpg

Gym Training Just Got Easier...
Trainers,

As we continue to make improvements to Pokémon GO, we have made an enhancement to the Gym experience for Trainers of all levels. In an upcoming version of Pokémon GO, when training at a friendly Gym, Trainers will be able to bring six Pokémon to battle instead of one. In addition, the CP of the Pokémon you are training against may be temporarily adjusted lower during your training session to generally match your Pokémon’s battle capabilities.

No matter what your level, you can now have an impact on your team’s Gym. Walk with your Buddy Pokémon to that nearby landmark and show your Team Leader that you can battle with the best!
training_EN_Before_thmb.png
training_EN_After_thmb.png

Diehl

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
I agree with you guys :yesyes: this update is interesting but it won't make players return :nono2:
A thing that will make the players return (and it isn't adding another generation) is do an event for the Birds and Mewtwo/Mew :coffee:

Good point. But it would depend of how they would do this event, 'cause based on pre-release trailers, the Pokémon GO events would took place in real world locations, such like Times Square... And it would be a problem, 'cause too few people could go to a place like that, I think even that the took more places around the world, it would work that well (I could see they choosing São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro here in Brazil, since americans only know those two cities).
But it they make something like "From 3:00 to 3:30 GMT, take your cellphone and help the world to defeat Mewtwo", it could work better.

And, I think adding a new generation would be good because, really, almost every Pokémon Go player is sick to go for a walk and stumble in a ocean of Pidgeys and Rattatas... Some Zigzagoons, Bidoofs, Patrats, Bunnelbies would gave a new breath to the game. Or, at least, that is what I think.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Good point. But it would depend of how they would do this event, 'cause based on pre-release trailers, the Pokémon GO events would took place in real world locations, such like Times Square... And it would be a problem, 'cause too few people could go to a place like that, I think even that the took more places around the world, it would work that well (I could see they choosing São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro here in Brazil, since americans only know those two cities).
But it they make something like "From 3:00 to 3:30 GMT, take your cellphone and help the world to defeat Mewtwo", it could work better.
I really hope you don't have to go somewhere to get a Pokémon.... but since they already made some exclusive Pokémon (Mr. Mime to Europe, Tauros for NA and so on...) I think that the event will be in real world locations... :yeahyeah:
but I really hope that it will be the second one you wrote
I like this one because I really DON'T want to go a tot of Km away to catch a Pokémon... I can live without Mewtwo or Mew in my GO game if they have to do it like that. :uhm: I already have a lot of them in my main game

And, I think adding a new generation would be good because, really, almost every Pokémon Go player is sick to go for a walk and stumble in a ocean of Pidgeys and Rattatas... Some Zigzagoons, Bidoofs, Patrats, Bunnelbies would gave a new breath to the game. Or, at least, that is what I think.
For sure it will be good... but we haven't finished the first one and people already talk about the second one?? :uhmm: They still need to add the trades and battles... :noone: :alone:

And about the Gym training... I really don't care. I have ONE gym at 10km from home :)rage2:) and I don't stop that much to fight it.

Diehl

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
They still need to add the trades and battles... :noone: :alone:

Yeah, that was my biggest disillusion with GO, the totally leak of interaction with other players. When I saw the idea behind Pokémon GO for the first time, I thought that the game could be a great way to meet new people, make new friends, but the reality turned in other way.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Yeah, that was my biggest disillusion with GO, the totally leak of interaction with other players. When I saw the idea behind Pokémon GO for the first time, I thought that the game could be a great way to meet new people, make new friends, but the reality turned in other way.
:suspect: a great way to hope that no one see you so that you don't meet people and don't talk to them asd

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
The upcoming update with all those features is starting to go live:
Pokémon GO updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS
Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.
  • Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
  • Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
  • Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
  • Fixed several audio issues.
  • Decreased the evolution animation time.
  • Minor fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom