What's new

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Trailer Introduces The Post-Game Master Trainers

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
The Pokémon Company and Nintendo have released a new trailer for Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee introducing the post-game Master Trainers.
Once you become the Pokémon League Champion you will find new special Trainers scattered throughout the Kanto region. These are the Master Trainers, and each of them is considered the strongest Trainer for a specific Pokémon. The Pokémon used by the Master Trainers can use a a variety of unusual moves and neither you nor the Master Trainer will be able to use items during the match.
When you defeat a Master Trainer in battle you will earn their title (like "Charizard Master"). The titles you've earned can be displayed in-game during Link Battles.
10_17_kantop01_02[1].jpg 10_17_kantop02_04[1].jpg 10_17_kantop02_03[1].jpg 10_17_kantop03_01[1].jpg 10_17_kantop03_02[1].jpg 10_17_kantop04_01[1].jpg

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
Well it looks like they wanted to add things for the post game desperately.
Training a certain pokemon to its absolute best for mirrored battle seems like an interesting challenge.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Well it looks like they wanted to add things for the post game desperately.
And that will be the ONLY post-game :omg:
(again from Eurogamer interview)
Does that cover all of the postgame content or is there more? Is there any story-based content after the main questline?

Junichi Masuda: So you know this is obviously based on the Yellow version, so in addition to the Master Trainers in the postgame there's always the challenge of completing the Pokédex, and not just the in-game contents, but we'd like players to also challenge themselves with meeting up with friends and just trading Pokémon from both versions to complete that Pokédex.
Kanto was really quick to beat... if we trade Pokémon from GO I think that the dex will be finished really quickly so this will be the only thing that will take some time after the main game. And I doubt that I will like it... I prefer to build my team for a Battle tree or something like that... but being forced to use the same Pokémon of my opponent? I don't know...
I'm starting to think that 60 euro is too much for this game... :thinking:

unownzone

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
And that will be the ONLY post-game :omg:
(again from Eurogamer interview)

Kanto was really quick to beat... if we trade Pokémon from GO I think that the dex will be finished really quickly so this will be the only thing that will take some time after the main game. And I doubt that I will like it... I prefer to build my team for a Battle tree or something like that... but being forced to use the same Pokémon of my opponent? I don't know...
I'm starting to think that 60 euro is too much for this game... :thinking:

Let's Go looks like it will be a really short game. Perhaps as short as, or even shorter than Sun and Moon.
If they don't have that much post-game, it looks like the developers are just hoping that there will be a lot of players that can battle and trade with each other. There won't be any other way to produce any more fresh content after finishing the story otherwise.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Let's Go looks like it will be a really short game. Perhaps as short as, or even shorter than Sun and Moon.
If they don't have that much post-game, it looks like the developers are just hoping that there will be a lot of players that can battle and trade with each other. There won't be any other way to produce any more fresh content after finishing the story otherwise.
From "How Long to Beat":
- Red/Blue main story (not completionist/extras): average 27 hours to beat (rushed: 17 - speedrun: 6) https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7169
- FRLG main story (not completionist/extras): average 29 hours to beat (rushed 19 - speedrun: 7) https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7151
- Sun/Moon: average 33 while USUM is 34 hours
Since it's the remake of Yellow (with something new here and there -> not the Master Trainers since that's a post-game) I think the game will be 28-29 hours long :yeahyeah:

it looks like the developers are just hoping that there will be a lot of players that can battle and trade with each other.
But you can complete the Pokédex with your Pokémon GO account :thinking: (and there's only 151 Pokémon so once you get the exclusives ones you don't need to trade again)

unownzone

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
From "How Long to Beat":
- Red/Blue main story (not completionist/extras): average 27 hours to beat (rushed: 17 - speedrun: 6) https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7169
- FRLG main story (not completionist/extras): average 29 hours to beat (rushed 19 - speedrun: 7) https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7151
- Sun/Moon: average 33 while USUM is 34 hours
Since it's the remake of Yellow (with something new here and there -> not the Master Trainers since that's a post-game) I think the game will be 28-29 hours long :yeahyeah:

But you can complete the Pokédex with your Pokémon GO account :thinking: (and there's only 151 Pokémon so once you get the exclusives ones you don't need to trade again)
I think it will be a waste of graphics if it will be shorter than SM....:cry4:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I think it will be a waste of graphics if it will be shorter than SM....:cry4:
The game is Yellow so they don't have to think about a new story (they added some new events but... it's Yellow!), the Pokémon models are from XY/GO (with something new here and there) and the walking animations were found in SM so they used those for Let's Go....
since they used a lot of things that were already done in the past, doing a good graphic for Let's Go was the only thing left to do XD

unownzone

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
The game is Yellow so they don't have to think about a new story (they added some new events but... it's Yellow!), the Pokémon models are from XY/GO (with something new here and there) and the walking animations were found in SM so they used those for Let's Go....
since they used a lot of things that were already done in the past, doing a good graphic for Let's Go was the only thing left to do XD
That makes me think that if they didn't have that much to work on with Let's Go, maybe they're doing a lot for the 2019 Switch games.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
That makes me think that if they didn't have that much to work on with Let's Go, maybe they're doing a lot for the 2019 Switch games.
:thinking: I think I have read that they started the game when they were working on USUM or SM

Top Bottom