• ORAS

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

Perico

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
It's hard to tell which one I enjoyed most. If I had to pick one based on my playtime, then it'd have to be XY. But I'm not sure if that's a good reason to say I enjoyed XY more than ORAS since filling the dex took much longer in XY.

The thing is XY introduced many cool features that I no longer enjoyed when playing ORAS, for example, Wonder Trade. The reason being hacked Pokémon made it less fun to use. XY's brand new storyplot is another thing to have into account.

So, I feel that if I had played ORAS before XY, I'd probably have enjoyed ORAS more since everything would be just new to me. And I'm not saying ORAS didn't introduce any cool feature, it actually introduced many of them, soaring in the sky being my favourite one. But I think I was too hyped because the remakes I had been waiting for so long were a thing eventually. Anyway, I liked ORAS very much and I think they did a very good job!

tl;dr
XY was a bit more enjoyable than ORAS.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
for example, Wonder Trade. The reason being hacked Pokémon made it less fun to use.
If you find hacked 'mons you are lucky since I always got Bidoofs :rage:

Perico

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
If you find hacked 'mons you are lucky since I always got Bidoofs :rage:
Sorry to hear that lol but yeah, it's quite disappointing to get a shiny Pokémon from WT and find out it's hacked D:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Sorry to hear that lol but yeah, it's quite disappointing to get a shiny Pokémon from WT and find out it's hacked D:
Well, I sincerly don't care that much if it's hacked or not... if it's hacked I will simply box him forever asd (but I never got a shiny in a Wonder Trade... :eek:wait... I got one! A shiny Deerling! I got it at Christmas eve! :yesyes: But that's because that day many trainers agreed to trade "better" things :yeahyeah: )

Perico

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Well, I sincerly don't care that much if it's hacked or not... if it's hacked I will simply box him forever asd (but I never got a shiny in a Wonder Trade... :eek:wait... I got one! A shiny Deerling! I got it at Christmas eve! :yesyes: But that's because that day many trainers agreed to trade "better" things :yeahyeah: )
I must have missed that day :uhmm:
I always try to give good stuff when I use it tho :<

Endy

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Both games are epic! But Oras probably is better, as there were so many features!

Dexnav, Secret Bases, New Mega Pokemon, Soaring, ya!

Last edited by a moderator:

Asariel

Bird in an aviary
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Torterra
Both are good in their own way, but I prefer XY. I really enjoyed customizing my character, using teams of new Pokémon and seeing a new region more than I did revisiting another batch of Pokémon and a old region.

Geoffrey

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Jolteon
Definitely ORAS. I waited so long for those remakes and they did not disappoint. The legendary hunting in post-game put it over the top.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Definitely ORAS. I waited so long for those remakes and they did not disappoint. The legendary hunting in post-game put it over the top.
And I'm happy that the trainers are Brendan and May :yesyes:
I was really disappointed with HG/SS because Crystal wasn't the main female character (I like Lyra but I wanted Crystal :uhm:)

valle

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
2nd Generation
PkmnGO Team
I'm a little bit nostalgic so I prefer ORAS

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
I've played Pokémon Y too few that I can't say if I prefer it or Alpha Sapphire, but one thing I can say, Alpha Sapphire was really a different experience to me. I mean, I didn't like Hoenn back in RSE, and I just bought AS with my 2DS 'cause XY was out of stock in the store I bought my 2DS... And that was good, 'cause this new adventure made me rethink about Hoenn and see how awesome this region is.

I didn't finished the game yet (I just defeated the flying type gym), but I enjoying almost everything I've seeing in the last three weeks of gaming. Of course, AS isn't (and probably won't be) my new favourite Pokémon game, but it definitively proved to be a great game.

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
It's such an unfair comparison to make for me because I played each game in such different situations.

XY was a new series that was released in my last years of high school. I had to buy a 3DS and X version without my parents knowing because they'd be angry I'm not focusing on going to university. So I only played X for a few weeks (Just to get the speed boost torchic) before I gave it to my friend for safekeeping. I got it back after a year when high school ended. Thus I missed out on a whole bunch of things while everyone else was progressing in the game. Even when I got it back, it wasn't much fun to play because I never got to properly begin the game like I normally would. My team was roughly made, I didn't talk to every single person or catch every Pokemon in every route from the beginning, and I already had the story spoiled. So overall, my X experience wasn't that pleasant. It was definitely an impressing game, but I was never excited to play it. It just felt like I was trying to keep up with everyone else.

ORAS on the other hand, came out in perfect timing. It was released right after I got accepted to university, so I had so much freedom to spend time on it. I was able to pre-order ORAS and get a Groudon figurine and tumbler. I could go to ORAS related events and enjoy it at the same time as everybody else. Since ORAS is a remake, the nostalgia element couldn't be ignored. Pokemon Ruby version was my first game, so Omega Ruby meant a lot to me. From the second I saw the old professor Birch in the starting scene through the new Pokenav in the moving truck, I knew this was the perfect remake. Now that I'm close to completing the game, I know it was. There were so many new features that made the game less tiring, like the dexnav and flying to routes. There were so many references to the old games, like the RSE map sprites, the closed game center and so-forth that added to the Hoenn atmosphere of the game. ORAS was also the easiest game to breed in, so I was able to make a lot of competitive Pokemon and participate in tournaments.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
ORAS was also the easiest game to breed in, so I was able to make a lot of competitive Pokemon and participate in tournaments.
If you have a competitive team, we need to do a battle XD

unownzone

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
If you have a competitive team, we need to do a battle XD
I'd love to XD Even though I'm not that good Hahaha

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I'd love to XD Even though I'm not that good Hahaha
When you want to do a battle tell me so we can talk about the rules and so on :)

Carly Apple

Native Hawaiian, African American and Scandinavian
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
6th Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Vulpix, Ninetales, Articuno
I much prefer X and Y for the costumes customisation and the legendary found on those versions.
Being nordic based was one hell of an interesting way to promote pokemon.

Also team flare is my jam! <3

unownzone

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I much prefer X and Y for the costumes customisation and the legendary found on those versions.
Being nordic based was one hell of an interesting way to promote pokemon.

Also team flare is my jam! <3
True, I liked how the legendaries were based on Norse mythology, but that seemed to be about it. It could have been better if there were more of that influence on other parts of the game, because the entire game was more France than anything else. Not that France is bad, but I felt it could have used more detail overall

Progkmon

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Bunnelby
I loved gen 6 a lot, it was a new reborn IMHO for the whole franchise, and though I spent over 1200 hrs in ORAS I loved XY a lot, they were simply amazing and playing it again makes me feel nostalgic in a good way, those were lovely times :)

Top Bottom