Gardevoir Trainer
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir
season8.jpg

The Special Battle rules for Season 8 has been revealed today! Season 8 will commence from January 23rd through March 12 2018. The following games will run with the season are as follows: Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon. Note, however, that the rankings of each game will be separate from each other. The ruleset allows the use of the new Alola region Pokedex.

Season 8 Information:

Format:
Single Battle

Pokemon Restrictions: National Pokedex. You may choose only ONE of the following to have in your team:
  • Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, and Marshadow.
  • Ash-Greninja is unable to participate.
Rules: All other standard rules still apply. All chosen Pokemon will have their levels set to 50 (if above). Choose 3 out of 6
Pokemon, no 2 Pokemon can have the same item equipped.

Battle Time Limit: Battles will have a 10 minute time limit, with turns lasting for 60 seconds.

The Special Battle rules for Season 8 have been revealed. Season 8 will run from January 23rd to March 12th 2018 and runs on Sun & Moon and Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, with rankings separate to eachother. This ruleset allows for use of all Pokémon within the new Alola Pokédex
Battle type: Single Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex. No more than 1 of Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, and Marshadow.
The other standard rules apply, including all set to Level 50 if above that, and you choose 3 Pokémon out of your 6, and you cannot have two Pokémon holding the same hold item. Battles have a 10 minute duration, with turns having a 60 second timer.

Source: Serebii https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
Seems an interesting season :yesyes: maybe I'll try it (that Ultra Necrozma will be really powerful XDDD)

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Maybe once it starts I'll try also. I have all the Mythical Pokemon, but not the legendaries yet.Need to balance out my team if I'll have a chance to make it through.
I have some legendaries ready (if we can use the ones from ORAS/XY) and, about the Mythical... I think I never used them XDDD

lxMattAranxl

Gardevoir Trainer
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir
Good luck against team of Landorus + M-Kangaskhan asd (I lost against a team like that :yeahyeah:)
UGH GOD NO! Don't... MENTION... that Kangaskan!! That Pokemon gave me total trouble in the Battle Agency no thanks to Giovanni! >_< But you know what? Khangashan is a Normal Type... and they are weak against Fighting types... and Marth... is~? ;)

At any rate I'll figure something out. Can't go Mono-types this time. Nova is my Psychic-Fairy type so that is already taken care of.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
UGH GOD NO! Don't... MENTION... that Kangaskan!! That Pokemon gave me total trouble in the Battle Agency no thanks to Giovanni! >_< But you know what? Khangashan is a Normal Type... and they are weak against Fighting types... and Marth... is~? ;)

At any rate I'll figure something out. Can't go Mono-types this time. Nova is my Psychic-Fairy type so that is already taken care of.
Was his Kangaskhan a mega evolved Pokémon? Because if it gave you trouble immagine how difficult will be the mega XDD (a mega terror XD)

Did you know that your Pokèmon in the Battle Agency is a Gallade? roftlroftl

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Yes he used the mega... every time. =_= That double hit is murder...

And yes, I know. lol
I'll start to pray for when I'll have to battle him XDD

lxMattAranxl

Gardevoir Trainer
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir
Just know he has Earthquake which REALLY messes the team up... because that little pokemon even takes out Pokemon with Sturdy! :( Sure you survive... but then it attacks and you fall... that thing one-hits you, which I shoudl think Megas shoudln't be allowed in Battle Agency OR competative play... Kinda like Ash-Greninja. lol

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Just know he has Earthquake which REALLY messes the team up... because that little pokemon even takes out Pokemon with Sturdy! :( Sure you survive... but then it attacks and you fall... that thing one-hits you, which I shoudl think Megas shoudln't be allowed in Battle Agency OR competative play... Kinda like Ash-Greninja. lol
Instead I agree that the Mega are in the Battle Agency/Battle Tree and competitive :yesyes: it makes the game more interesting
I know that in the Battle Agency it's difficult to find a Mega but you can easily find a legendary :yesyes: (a good way to keep the M-Kanga away is to burn it > so its attack will be lower than usual)

About Ash-Greninja... I don't like it because I think the Protean ability is more useful and... before "evolving" Greninja you have to defeat an an opponent... not always it will be that easy since Greninja is a little frail :yesyes:

lxMattAranxl

Gardevoir Trainer
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir
Instead I agree that the Mega are in the Battle Agency/Battle Tree and competitive :yesyes: it makes the game more interesting
I know that in the Battle Agency it's difficult to find a Mega but you can easily find a legendary :yesyes: (a good way to keep the M-Kanga away is to burn it > so its attack will be lower than usual)

About Ash-Greninja... I don't like it because I think the Protean ability is more useful and... before "evolving" Greninja you have to defeat an an opponent... not always it will be that easy since Greninja is a little frail :yesyes:
Yeah, but I guess it all depends on stats and movesets.

FUN fact about Greninja because Wynaut? (Bad pun...) Gyjinn Goomba marked him as a great ninja due to skillsets and explains how and why. :3

Top Bottom