Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
During a press conference abput future business strategy (held today on NicoNico) a new project in conjunction with Nintendo, The Pokémon Company and Niantic Labs was announced: Pokémon GO.
800px-Pokemon_Go_Logo[1].png
Pokémon GO is a new app that will be available in 2016 for Android and iOS. The app is free to play but has in-app purchases.
You can go around and catch, trade and battle Pokémon using the Augmented Reality. There will be a Bluetooh wrist-device, Pokémon GO Plus, that will interact with the app and notify the user about event in game by using a LED and vibration.
DSCF2301.0[1].jpg
Junichi Masuda is involved in working on the setting, design and music for the game. He is also planning to link Pokémon Go to the main series Pokémon games.

Travel between the real world and the virtual world of Pokémon with Pokémon GO for iPhone and Android devices! With Pokémon GO, you'll discover Pokémon in a whole new world—your own! Pokémon GO will use real location information to encourage players to search far and wide in the real world to discover Pokémon.

The Pokémon video game series has used real-world locations such as the Hokkaido and Kanto regions of Japan, New York, and Paris as inspiration for the fantasy settings in which its games take place. Now the real world will be the setting!

The Pokémon video game series has always valued open and social experiences, such as connecting with other players to enjoy trading and battling Pokémon. Pokémon GO’s gameplay experience goes beyond what appears on screen, as players explore their neighborhoods, communities, and the world they live in to discover Pokémon alongside friends and other players.

You can watch the video at the top of the page to better understand the Pokémon GO experience.

A small device called a Pokémon GO Plus will enable Pokémon GO players to enjoy the game even when they’re not looking at their smartphone. The device connects to the smartphone via Bluetooth and notifies the player about events in the game—such as the appearance of a Pokémon nearby—using an LED and vibration. In addition, players can catch Pokémon or perform other simple actions by pressing the button on the device. Pokémon GO Plus is being developed and manufactured by Nintendo Co., Ltd.

inline-576x240.png

Pokémon GO is being developed by Niantic, Inc. Originally founded by Google Earth co-creator John Hanke as a start-up within Google, Niantic is known for creating Ingress, the augmented reality mobile game that utilizes GPS technology to fuel a sci-fi story encompassing the entire world. Ingress currently has 12 million downloads worldwide.

Niantic, Inc., The Pokémon Company, and Nintendo Co., Ltd., will all contribute to the Pokémon GO project.

Furthermore, Junichi Masuda of Game Freak Inc., the game director of the Pokémon video game series, is also contributing to the project. He is hard at work ensuring that the fun of Pokémon makes its way into this new project, and is also looking to come up with new kinds of gameplay while thinking of ways to connect this project with the main series of Pokémon video games.

Pokémon GO will be available for download at no charge on the App Store and Google Play. In-app purchases will be available.

Look forward to much more information about Pokémon GO leading up to its launch in 2016!

Official website: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

bulbasaur1991

Bulbasaur trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Bulbasaur and Umbreon
PkmnGO Team
Im so excited for this lol. I really wanna know how many pokemon are total to find.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Im so excited for this lol. I really wanna know how many pokemon are total to find.
I want to know what kind of Pokémon I will find here... I think only Rattata, Pidgey and Zubat.... :cry:

bulbasaur1991

Bulbasaur trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Bulbasaur and Umbreon
PkmnGO Team
I hope they open up all 700 something pokemon but youre probably right

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I hope they open up all 700 something pokemon but youre probably right
I hope for the same thing but finding them all will be really difficult... maybe like in the game you can have some 'mon only if you evolve them...

bulbasaur1991

Bulbasaur trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Bulbasaur and Umbreon
PkmnGO Team
Maybe I wanna see if some pokemon only can be obtained by evo or can you catch them like charizard in the trailer? I hope bulbasaur is in it

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Maybe I wanna see if some pokemon only can be obtained by evo or can you catch them like charizard in the trailer? I hope bulbasaur is in it
It is, they showed him while 2 trainers traded Bulbasaur for Caterpie :yesyes:

bulbasaur1991

Bulbasaur trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Bulbasaur and Umbreon
PkmnGO Team
I will have a bulbasaur! Also I wonder if iv and ev will be a thing

bulbasaur1991

Bulbasaur trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Bulbasaur and Umbreon
PkmnGO Team
Maybe not because they didn't say anything about breeding lol

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
I think (at least hoping that maybe it will be updated) That it will start off with just the original 151 Pokemon cause if you look at the trailer everything is Gen 1 in addition this could be their 20th Anniversary gift to us, start at where everything began.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I think (at least hoping that maybe it will be updated) That it will start off with just the original 151 Pokemon cause if you look at the trailer everything is Gen 1 in addition this could be their 20th Anniversary gift to us, start at where everything began.
I noticed that too :yesyes:
But as a gift I want a remake of Red/Blue or a game with all the regions :yesyes:

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
I noticed that too :yesyes:
But as a gift I want a remake of Red/Blue or a game with all the regions :yesyes:

First one is a wild card, and the second very unlikely sadly...

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team

bulbasaur1991

Bulbasaur trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Bulbasaur and Umbreon
PkmnGO Team
It would be amazing to be able to go all around the region in pokemon in one game lol.

Suffering from Severe Depression
Pokémon Trainer
I'm actually looking forward to this, but I hope it's not bogged down by in-app purchases. I don't mind freemium games if they're done properly, but I don't to have to wait 15 minutes after I've used up my tries kinda thing.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I'm actually looking forward to this, but I hope it's not bogged down by in-app purchases. I don't mind freemium games if they're done properly, but I don't to have to wait 15 minutes after I've used up my tries kinda thing.
Maybe you will have to purchase Poké Balls asd and they will give you only one a day XDDD

bulbasaur1991

Bulbasaur trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Bulbasaur and Umbreon
PkmnGO Team
Im sure that is what the micro transactions will be lol. That or to get greatballs and ultraballs

Top Bottom